1 guest@cc 2020-03-05T01:33:15 [ImgOps] [iqdb]
(JPEG, 102.71KB, 600x749)
budget: around a $100092 posts omitted
What I need:
- new as in "never been used before" (people watch porn with their laptop, I don't want to type on a keyboard covered with the semen of a previous owner)
- something lightweight (13-14'')
- sturdy construction, can't afford to buy another one before long, can't afford to buy cheap, had to sell my NEET body for those $1000
- RAM, more RAM, even more RAM, never enough RAM, upgradable RAM
- quad core, but doesn't need to be too powerful, low watt
- no discrete GPU, I don't game, I need Intel integrated graphics for Lunix (so, Intel proc only)
- silence, I need a lot of silence. I've never heard the fans of my Asus Zenbook ux305la, it's ok if the fans kick in during heavy loads, but I don't want to hear them while I daydream. I mostly daydream and barely heavy load anyway.
- Atheros AR5B22 AR9462 wifi card for Lunix (they cost less than $10 if I can replace the factory-installed card)
- good battery life would be nice
- hardware compatiblity with Linux and why not FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OSX, Windows 10 and TempleOS...
- matte display
- good keyboard
- all parts serviceable/upgradable
- 2 M2 SSD would be great
- legacy ports like USB A, SD card reader, HDMI...
Usage: shitposting, SSH clients, chan browsing, programming, running virtual machines
The new old model Lenovo T480 with i5 8350U, Intel UHD 620 graphics, 1920x1080 matte shitty screen, 2 DDR4 RAM slots ticks all the boxes except maybe bad cooling/silence. Am I missing anything or can I order it tomorrow?